Thursday, September 29, 2016

Thoroughbreds, my new obsession.

I recently learned that there are different kinds of horses.  I always knew there were smaller ones, like mules, but I finally met a bigger horse: this wonderful thoroughbred owned by Kathy from KEL Equestrian.  Here's a blog post all about him.

(This is the stall where Mr. Thoroughbred hangs out when I'm not there)


As I understand it, thoroughbreds were bred to run thoroughly fast so that they can excel at specific sports, most notably: barrel racing.  But ultimately, all horses are meant for eventing so here's what don't get: I know a lot of expertise goes into training a horse, but how could one cost $1.45 million?  That horse must be the most amazing ride, with air suspension and leather seats.  I bet any kid could ride him, no problem.

Anyway, I want to introduce you to Kathy's other thoroughbred.   He's probably a 1.46 million dollar horse.
I don't remember which one is him.  But he's one of them.  Isn't he cute!?



Simply because they're so big and cuddly, I wanted to share a bunch of photos I found on Instagram of other thoroughbreds that I'd love to meet.


THOROUGHBRED.



A photo posted by www.equinl.com (@equinl) on
THOROUGHBRED.



A photo posted by Emma 🦄🔮💜 (@emmzi88) on
ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL THOROUGHBRED.


YES A THOROUGHBRED. CUDDLE IT NOW.


HELLO MR. THOROUGHBRED.


A photo posted by @ilovechocolate58369 on
THOROUGHBRED.


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. YOU GET A THOROUGHBRED! YOU GET A THOROUGHBRED! AND YOU GET A THOROUGHBRED! EVERYONE GETS A THOROUGHBRED!

      Delete
    2. Hahaha I am LOL'ing at this, and imagining Oprah sending thoroughbreds into her audience.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy! We share SO MANY SIMILARITIES here in the bloggophere.

      Delete
  3. My thoroughbred only cost $100k as a yearling. So I guess he was kinda a dud. No air suspension here!! And he just runs (over) cones, not barrels. Oh well. Still a TB!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't win 'em all! At least you didn't lose anything more than a downpayment on a small condo in California. And you can't put a price on TB snuggles!

      Maybe there's an opportunity for a new sport there...

      Delete