Thursday, September 22, 2016

My First Blogger Meetup!

Since going live with my blog a few hours ago, I decided it would be a great idea to meet up with my fellow equestrian bloggers!  Great minds think alike, right?  Which is why all of us have invested so much time and experience into our blogs.  So I met up with a few other bloggers who have known about my blog since day 1.

In the pursuit of building a stronger equestrian blogging community I will be linking to their blogs.  And in a strong community, you don't just use someone's name willy-nilley.  So I will be referring to all my fellow bloggers through made-up pseudonyms.

First I met up with Blogger K, who I'll refer to as... let's go with Kathy.  Kathy is a good strong name.   Kathy and I drove to this pizza place where all the bloggers were meeting up, and we were preceded by Blogger O (whom I'll call Kathy for the purposes of my blog).  I hadn't met Kathy before, and it was nice to put a face to the blog I'd be following later that night.  Blogger M arrived not too much later.  I had met her before, at her farm.  She, er uh, Kathy, has a super cute horse named Confetti, whom I had also met.

Side note: I've been thinking a lot about horse names.  I'll probably write a future post about all the names I'm considering for when I finally decide to import and raise a foal.

After the kitchen began to wonder if I'd run them out of business with my root beer refills, Blogger A and Blogger M arrived. And it was a good thing too, because the first four of us weren't prepared to make any tough decisions about ordering communal pizzas.  In the dim lighting of this pizza bar (I think it's primarily used for mafia meet-ups) I momentarily lost track of which was Blogger A and Blogger M.  No matter though, because I'm just going to call them both Kathy.

It was a wonderful evening!  Lots of great conversation.  I have to admit that a few equestrian terminologies went over my head and into the great pit of Forgotten.  After dinner was over Kathy really wanted to get ice cream, if I remember correctly.  I ended up ordering a rather liberal portion, but only because I worried that a passerby might think I was a republican.  It had nothing to do with a childhood obsession with rainbow sherbet.  No mom, I'm fine; I'll eat all my dinner.

That's about it for this post.  Stay tuned for more exciting equestrian adventures!
And no blog post is complete without some imagery, so here's a photo of a thing I did.


9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks L! (L, for Kathy, right?) Would love to build more in the future. If there's need for any where you're at now, I'm sure we could work something out eventually. Hope SoCal is treating you well!

      Delete
    2. Haha will for sure let you know, definitely another Kathy ;)

      Delete
  2. Pro tip: it's way less confusing for readers if you refer to fellow bloggers by whatever name they choose to blog under. Then you can save your alphabeticals for people who don't actually blog. Win. Win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sprinkler Bandit (aka, Not Kathy)! I'm still getting used to this blogging thing. I knew a trainer some years ago named Buddy Harwood in San Bernardino who was super paranoid of anyone using his name on the internet. Something about family issues/competitiveness, the UK, and being an extravert, err extradite? Don't remember. Anyway, just figured I'd start off by being anonymous. Thanks for the Pro Tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I want to go around saying 'kathy kathy kathy' instead of 'marsha marsha marsha' (Brady bunch reference)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How ever did I miss your comment?
      Maybe the wiser hemisphere of my brain was trying to prevent me from binge watching the Brady Bunch. But now that I've read your comment, I'm going to have to do it so that I can understand your reference. Goodbye hours of riding, hello computer screen!

      Delete