Friday, September 30, 2016

Small horses

I'm an all-inclusive kind of guy.  I don't like to hurt feelings, and I don't want anyone to feel left out.  Now as most of us know, horses come in all shapes and sizes. For example: an octagon is a shape, and 144 dots per inch kinda refers to a size.

Anyway, I wrote a blogpost last time about horses of a particularly large breed.  I want to pay homage to our less-endowed equestrian friends, namely... well I don't know what they're called.  But they're little horses.

Anyway anyway, I was walking around the farm late at night, trying to find myself [literally... not some existential journey; I couldn't see anything!] and I stumbled upon this little shed.  (I'll give you one guess as to what was inside!)  Who can resist entering a shed on the back corner of a pitch-black farm near midnight?! "Not I," said the human, and unlatched the gate.

Which brings me to an anecdote from my childhood.  This is a true story:  I am an early bird.  That's not the story.  These days, I tend to wake up at about 10 A.M (which is VERY early for the unemployed).  But when I still slept in a crib, I tended to wake up at about 5:00am.  After losing interest with pretending to smoke my toy gavel (which only very loosely resembled a pipe [also, what sort of judicial decisions could I possibly have pretend-made with said gavel?]), I would climb out of said crib to awaken my entertainment.  I would proceed to enter my parents' sleeping chamber and stare straight into my mom's face.  Unsatisfied with her lack of being awake, I then would pry open her eyelids (because they're supposed to be open) and tell her to "waaaaake oooooouup."  I never understood why this bothered her, nor why she would insist on me playing by myself until later in the day.  But then again, high-schoolers often don't understand their parents.

Back to today's story.  Now that you know I have a history of being insensitive toward others' not-so-apparent desire to sleep: I found, NOT ONE, NOT TWO, NOT THREE, no wait yeah it was three.  THREE LITTLE HORSES!!!  I squealed with delight, and they startled awake.  Feeling an immediate connection to them, I decided to share with them my just-woke-up every morning habit: selfies!
  








Sorry for the blurry images.  My selfie game is much better than this at 10 A.M.  But you can tell,  despite the photos' lack of Instagram-worthiness, that they were very excited to meet me too.


6 comments:

  1. Lol they look pissed. But then again, as Kathy (blogger L) says, the smaller the pony the closer to hell...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT is wisdom! Thanks for sharing Kathy's insights. I went to go see them again today; they were acting crotchety. You know what you're talking about.

      Delete
  2. This is the best post I've ever read lolol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just want to talk about horses, and only horses, all day long.

      Delete
  3. Haha, I don't know why they weren't into the selfies???

    ReplyDelete