Friday, October 7, 2016

Warm Bloods versus Cold Bloods

Up until quite recently I thought that all horses were mammals. Then I found out about cold blooded horses. Since I've heard so little on this topic, I did a bit of research and wanted to list some facts about cold blooded horses:

• They will kill you in the middle of the night
• They have scales
• Something about getting their body heat from an "ecto" thermas
• They like apples

These few facts really make cold blooded horses stand apart from their sisters and brothers of the other temperament.  Who knew?! Does anyone else know any good facts about cold blooded horses?

8 comments:

  1. They are the best beer commercials too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to check in with Kathy about this one. Clyde's tails! I get it now. :)

      Delete
  2. I should close my windows at night

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised you're not already on top of this.
      Likewise, I think you could hang some garlic in your window to keep them away.

      Delete
  3. Dear Keith: You make my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenn! I don't find a blog when I try to stalk you. Have you not joined the blogging community? I know that I'm a wealth of knowledge, but I don't know absolutely everything there is to know about horses. Close second.

      Delete
    2. Hi Keith! Thanks for trying to stalk me, your valiant efforts are appreciated (sidenote: has anyone ever thanked someone for stalking them? I digress)! I used to blog, but haven't for about a year, due to....reasons that shall be left unnamed, at least for now. I will continue to follow your fantastic blog though, because I want to ride horses good too :)

      Delete
    3. Hello again Jenn! How silly I feel, thinking that I was catching a new comment from you, only to see that I am a year late in replying, which also goes to show how very little blogging I've done in the last year. You inspire me to continue enlightening the community with my prodigious insights and experiences. Though your reasons remain unnamed, as is your rightful prerogative, I am humbled by your honored thanks for my stalkative efforts. If you ever return to the blogosphere with your own voice, consider yourself to have at least one religious reader! (That would be me).

      Delete